werepistonbroke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experiance needed!

2 posters

Go down

Experiance needed! Empty Experiance needed!

Post by Monkeymagic Sat 27 Nov 2010, 13:51

As many of u know, spent a few quid on the interior and done the wheels and a couple of other things on the outside.
Early part of next year, i want to sort the body work out
The lower valance is cracked and a new one is 250 which is dear as it could be repaired, got quite a few chips over the front in the normal places and a coupleof small dents and scratches down the side.
Dont know weather to just get the front resprayed or put it in a paint shop and get a full respray
Money is going to be tight but any sugestions and poss costs or even a member who knows how to do it properly to earn a bit extra dough
I know im looking at a poss 4 number price ot there about
Monkeymagic
Monkeymagic
Mods
Mods

http://www.highways.gov.uk

Back to top Go down

Experiance needed! Empty Re: Experiance needed!

Post by tux Sun 28 Nov 2010, 07:40

Depends just how bad it is and how "perfect" you want it to be.
First off, if you are on a budget, forget a complete respray. A reasonable to decent job will be waaay into 4 figure sums.
If originality isn't key then new GRP valances can be had for around £65, or if the one on it now is metal then it should be repairable with a few basic welding skills. A half decent local garage should be able to help.
A front end respray would prob be the cheapest option, but make sure you see examples of previous work before commiting to a sprayer as yellow is a ballache colour to blend in well.

Most importantly, don't forget your camera and keep us all up to speed with progress! ThumbsUp
tux
tux
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeymagic Mon 29 Nov 2010, 23:21

Will do - a cousins blokey's mate has got a body shop and he swears he does good jobs so may go see him first
the only other place i went was a resteration company near Yatton but thy wanted nearly 6 grand to get it up together, the work i done last year i done for about 1k with included the mot - they wanted 3.5k to do the same work
Monkeymagic
Monkeymagic
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeymagic Mon 29 Nov 2010, 23:40

Had mail from a blue comedian to mention about a Bloke called Dick Dastardly?????
Monkeymagic
Monkeymagic
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down