Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :)

Post by pauly on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 02:09

Tristan315 wrote:Would love to and yep as soon as shes back on the road I'll be out and about again! and this was supposed to be the reliable one haha...

Still waiting for the fuel lines (special delivery from Germany) fingers crossed they will be here tomorrow and I can have her back in time for the leeds meet on Saturday (and my birthday)... but yep definately wanting to bring her out for some fun days out!

No post for 6 weeks, has it gone wrong ?. silent
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :)

Post by Tristan315 on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 09:28

Hehe, hey guys...

Only gone wrong in the sense that have been working far too hard for my own good...

Fuel lines fitted and took WUF down to Prescott Hill for the RR gathering. Only to have the gear linkage break in the 3rd lane on the M42... Limped down in 3rd so unfortunately couldn’t take her up the hill. Bodged with jubilee clips and a metal ruler and made it back with 3rd, 4th and 5th 
Payday in 1 hour though so new short shift kit to order and fit hopefully this weekend... Been looking at what’s out there but does anyone know any to avoid or which is the best? It’s a known weak point so not too bad that its gone but it would be nice to have her on the road for a change 
The current one thats fitted and broken can be seen here ... http://www.cannell.co.uk/944%20Turbo%20-%2010.htm
Not been able to find one that looks the same, although not looking for a like for like swap just the best I can get (without spending silly money)...
£151 from Deutschnine... Solid looking drop link...
http://www.deutschnine.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=porsche-transaxle&Product_Code=D9-944II951S2-SSK-106-01-002&Category_Code=porsche-transaxle-944-turbo-s2-tuning-handling

All look to be the Schnell link but woo varing prices...
$239...
http://www.eagleday.com/944shshki.html
$123...
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/schnell-short-shift-porsche-p-23995.html
$74...
http://www.vertexauto.com/showitem.aspx?id=90&name=Porsche%20944%20%26%20944%20Turbo%20Short%20Shift%20Kit%20By%20Schnell

$199.... and looks like the Schnell or vice versa...
http://www.automotion.com/weltmeister-short-shift-kit-for-porsche-944-or-924s-1983-1991.html

I don’t even get this one...
http://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/ASI_Store.cgi?Product+skukey_20051097+944turbo+accesories-944turbo

Hmm think I'll keep looking for a bit....
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:02

Welcome back Smile what broke on your linkage ?, I have the one Deutchnine sell on my car though I paid half their price for a unused secondhand one, they are made by a company called shark motorsport in Germany and D9 are just resellers.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 20:39

Hey Pauly, the connector between the rod and the gearbox bolt broke (the vertical part that drops from the linkage to the gearbox bolt, the top snapped off so the tube from the gear stick became disconnected from the gearbox.

Will take a look at the different ones available. The D9 one though has good reviews. It's thicker in all parts and is supposed to be very sturdy/precise as a result and no heim joint that needs to warm up before the rose joint has no play... Also mixed feedback regarding the heim joints not wearing too well. The D9 has a 10 day max wait though, pff another week + of not being able to drive to put a big grin on my face will be a long time indeed but good things and waiting and all that I guess….

Think I'll have to go for the D9 one really... Although looking on the pics the solid bar that drops to the gearbox bolt looks to be on the other side... Can you swap the support bar on the back so that the drop bar is on the correct side (like the eu na one) or does it still work ?? Looking at the pic the drop bar and the back support bar needs to rotate 180deg (or am I just wrong or looking at a non-uk version...?) Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :) - Page 2 Short-shifter-kit-01M
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 21:52

Hello mate,
Hard to visualise exactly where your linkage broke but could you weld it to get back on the road ?, re the D9/shark motorsport linkage it fits straight on, though I had to use a puller to get the old one off the gearbox. I think JMG sell a linkage but although they have a good reputatation in Porsche circles they never returned my calls. Any problems let me know and I'll try and advise.

Paul.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 22:00

Hola, may help with a pic (mines the feeble looking one on the left)...
Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :) - Page 2 944T%2010%201
The top of the bracket by the hex/allan bolt (joining the rod to the drop down link bent up and then snapped off, there seems to be a copper bush round the hex/allen bolt but the structure holding that to the drop link is weak/snapped). The new part looks flimsy to me but I guess with all the movement its just worn through the outer structure and finally snapped.

The support bar and the drop link look to be the wrong way (opposite side to the n/a / my old one) round on the D9 unit is all.... (the link to the rod is on the other side to the one pictured, does this matter? or does yours have the same layout as the N/a pictured?)...

I have a new (ish) N/a on my 1986 lux (out of tax test and insurance in under 1 month so may just pillage that one while i wait for a D9 to be made (if it will fit as looks to be a mirror image of the n/a ones )...
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 03:55

Buenos dias,
One on the left looks standard, thought WUF had a short shift though perhaps just at engine end. The D9 version has 2 settings I set mine up on the quickest shift but it does increase the effort, I'd try the other one first if I was you. It will be clearer when you are in situ but mine fitted straight on.

Paul.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 04:13

Haha 31 and can't tell left from right... D'oh yes the short shift that's broken on WUF is the one on the RIGHT!! ops...

Were the support (back) bracket and the drop link on the same side as above with your D9? All the ones in the pictures are the other way round is all (wondering if it differs from left to right hand drive cars is all)
Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :) - Page 2 Short-shifter-kit-01M

The drop link is on the offside of the linking rod in the D9 pic where as n/a are on the nearside of the car is all....
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 07:00

Lol, go to http://www.944racing.de/951conversion.html#37 and all shall be revealed, then read through the rest, nice site.

Paul.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 on Fri 02 Sep 2011, 04:10

Ahhhh so can position as required, just thought it odd that all the pics show it positioned in an opposite way to the N/A item.

Think I'm going to order one of these then but may have to take the one off my 924 till this one arrives... Can't go another week + not driving the beast...

Only have 1 month left with tax mot and insurance on my 1986 944 lux though and don't think I'm going to renew it... Kind of realising that the dream of fixing her up is not going to happen shame as it's not a bad car just needs a few bits doing. One of which is replacing the balance shaft housing (current one is cracked) bought a replacement with a balance shaft but I can't pull the engine on the street and a garage would charge me a fortune... Sad Would be a good project car, balance shaft housing, speedo cable, whining torque tube, nearside front shock and probably new paint. Interior is ok a bit shabby with passenger seat ripped from idiot stealing my sterio and cutting through the material with the glass, dash cracked but have a mint dash (is black though) and its 1/2 burgundy leatherette and pin stripe. Has D90's on it and turbo rear valence in white. If anyone fancies a cheap(ish) fixer upper or parts car shout...
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Chris on Fri 02 Sep 2011, 10:03

might be interested at the right price Wink

but not until next month.

Chris
Lord Chris
Lord Chris
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:52

Nearly 6 months and no updates on WUF, wonder if it's for sale ?.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dc1909 on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 08:03

would you buy it?
dc1909
dc1909
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:56

dc1909 wrote:would you buy it?

Do you know what's happened to it ?.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dc1909 on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 02:35

No...only whats on this post
dc1909
dc1909
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Sat 24 Mar 2012, 08:36

If it was the right price I'd consider it.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RPUK on Thu 03 May 2012, 06:44

I was talking to WUF's creator the other night. He was curious as to what has happened to the car. Any news?

RPUK
Mods
Mods

http://www.racepicsuk.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Thu 03 May 2012, 07:46

It's been abducted by aliens Smile.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RPUK on Thu 03 May 2012, 22:27

Poor WUF! I hope it isn't being * gulp* probed Evil or Very Mad

RPUK
Mods
Mods

http://www.racepicsuk.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Sun 06 May 2012, 09:58

About 2 months ago I spoke to Ben, who bought WUF from Rick, and he'd lost track of the car too.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 09:21

It's a mystery silent
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 07:55

innocent
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mav666 on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 14:10

Last visit by OP was on the 12th June so I wouldn't hold your breath Neutral

Mav666
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 21:32

Mav666 wrote:Last visit by OP was on the 12th June so I wouldn't hold your breath Neutral

The car was sold with a spare gas flowed head and a big turbo, I was more interested in those than the car.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:03

Hi Wink
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next