Forum Title

Go down

Forum Title Empty Forum Title

Post by scarletporker on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 10:38

Are we not 'Not a Real Porsche' anymore? I see the page header has changed. I must confess to enjoy being part of a community or club but we seem to be unsure of what we are?! I have joined the 924 club like I have for almost every vehicle I have owned but find it very quiet on there. The Fiat Coupe forum has always been super busy so I guess that's what i'm used to. I often find my enthusiam for all things cars sways like the phases of the moon and being part of a specific car loving community spurs me on when I have a problem and want to torch the 24 or the Coupe. Maybe thats why retired blokes renovate cars; because they dont have a day job to wind them up before they come home Question aside from all this there's just something about having a car on the drive with that Stuttgart badge on big grin
scarletporker
scarletporker
Professor of B******s
Professor of B******s

http://Www.pwphoto.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Forum Title Empty Re: Forum Title

Post by Lord Chris on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 10:49

Well I'm ' not the 924 owners club'

Don't care what they call it ....we are the people who chose NOT to be a car club with all the politics , committees and power trips!
Lord Chris
Lord Chris
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by scarletporker on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 11:14

Yeah I get that, having been in a photogaphic club for years. I suppose with the Fiat forum everybody's on the same one and not split up so all the knowledge is in one place. It's much more fun on here and relaxed but I guess I get frustrated at not having answers to my questions quickly. It would be great if we could attend the same event and all meet up. I was hoping we'd all make Prescott. Sounds like such a good day out.
scarletporker
scarletporker
Professor of B******s
Professor of B******s

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Chris on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 11:19

Totally agree!
I wish we were a little bit bigger and more motivated to meet up. Half a dozen mates in whatever toys they are driving standing in a field looking under bonnets with hands in pockets is my idea of a good day :-)

Tea and bacon sarnies are the Icing on the cake....oh cake is good too!
Lord Chris
Lord Chris
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by scarletporker on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 11:35

Lord Chris wrote:Totally agree!
I wish we were a little bit bigger and more motivated to meet up.  Half a dozen mates in whatever toys they are driving standing in a field looking under bonnets with hands in pockets is my idea of a good day :-)

Tea and bacon sarnies are the Icing on the cake....oh cake is good too!
Yes , yes , yes and yes. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy shows until Ragley. It was my first for about 15 years and it was bloody great. I'm so excited about Porscheball and have gone to great lengths to attract other entrants. My goal is to have a retro Porsche that's fairly unique but that I can really drive. My mate is Aston Martin trained driver who drives his BMW estate at 120mph on roads where I'm bottling out at 70!!
scarletporker
scarletporker
Professor of B******s
Professor of B******s

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Chris on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 19:26

Ah but who is having the most fun?
Lord Chris
Lord Chris
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tux on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 21:16

Initially this forum was set up by a few people from the 924 Owners Club as an alternative to all the petty bickering and politics that took place there. For us (as committe members over there) it was becoming a chore trying to sort it all out and all the fun had gone, the very reason most of us joined in the first place.
This forum has evolved into a general forum with no specific purpose or agenda and very much a place for old friends to keep in touch. We no longer follow the 924 theme rigidly and welcome owners and drivers of any make of car, the only proviso is that you enjoy a good laugh and can take a bit of ribbing once in a while.
To be fair the 924 OC is probably the best place to get 924 related help and tech answers as there are simply more people over there tinkering with the car on a regular basis. Keep in mind we have never said this forum is an alternative only, there are plenty of users here that also use the 924 OC and that is of course fine.
Do we have an identity problem? Maybe, but as we aren't trying to achieve anything I don't see that as a problem. Sit back, crack a beer and go with the flow. Don't worry about it! Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerporsche on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 06:14

darn tootin boys, love the relaxed nature of it all.

tigerporsche
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerporsche on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 06:17

tigerporsche
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerporsche on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 06:18

tigerporsche
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeymagic on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 07:27

loves it so much he said it three time in stereo baby!

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road. ~Author Unknown

The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it. ~Dudley Moore

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers
Monkeymagic
Monkeymagic
Mods
Mods

http://www.highways.gov.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mav666 on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 07:40

Go Tiger! Laughing 

As Tux says, this is more a hangout room than a car forum these days, and all the better for it in my opinion, yes we all still tinker on with whatever we picked up cheap but while is car driven a lot of the time it's more banter than anything else.
True enough that in the early days we all still ran some version of 924 (or 6 for Rob) but since then as people  do we've gone on to play with other cars.

MG & Saab for me, Italian pocket cars for Steve, Lord knows what mix of motors have been on Rob's drive in the last 3 years Laughing

But yeah maybe one day we'll all meet up again, but til then banter, *wee wee* taking and little talk of cars is the order of the day Forum Title 2757130154

Mav666
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeymagic on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 08:22

here here!ThumbsUp

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road. ~Author Unknown

The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it. ~Dudley Moore

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers
Monkeymagic
Monkeymagic
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Forum Title Empty repeeting

Post by tigerporsche on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:07

tigerporsche wrote:darn tootin boys, love the relaxed nature of it all.

just get a bit excited sometimes

tigerporsche
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mav666 on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:46

tigerporsche wrote:
tigerporsche wrote:darn tootin boys, love the relaxed nature of it all.

just get a bit excited sometimes

Forum Title 2757130154 Laughing

Mav666
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scarletporker on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 06:49

Well well, my drunken post has attracted quite a few posts Laughing. I guess the summary is its all about some light hearted banter and swapping advice without all the serious club stuff ThumbsUp.
scarletporker
scarletporker
Professor of B******s
Professor of B******s

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeymagic on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 07:07

whole in one matey!!
now bugger off The Bird

Monkeymagic
Monkeymagic
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by scarletporker on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 07:23

You cheeky monkey! Forum Title 1593038621
scarletporker
scarletporker
Professor of B******s
Professor of B******s

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeymagic on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 07:26

Banana

Monkeymagic
Monkeymagic
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down