werepistonbroke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :)

+10
dc1909
pauly
calisfar
Mav666
PompeySteve
GavTheMighty
Lord Chris
tux
Monkeymagic
Tristan315
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :) - Page 3 Empty Re: Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :)

Post by pauly Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:12

Tristan315 wrote:Hi Wink

Have you just got out ? Very Happy
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :) - Page 3 Empty Re: Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :)

Post by Tristan315 Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:13

Hehe aye 1 year hard labor for WUF's crimes Wink
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:14

How's it running ?.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:16

Soooooory, it's been a while!!! Hope you guys are all well!!

WUF is good, still very much alive, kicking and ahhh well so much fun Wink

Sorry been manic here working and umm sleeping ... get to drive a bit though so not all so bad!! Nothing exciting to report though I'm afraid... New MOT ... needed ball joint but nothing else Wink so that was quite painless...

Head and turbo sat next to me but (fingers x) will be going on soon Wink

How's Ben doing? is his 996 +500bhp yet? You guys all well???
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:21

Ben sold the 996TT, bought an RS4, sold that and bought a brand new mini cooper the last I heard. I'm planning a 3.0 so let me know about whichever turbo you dont use. Off to kip now tell us about your plans tomorrow.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:24

Aye nn man take it easy:) Oh so many plans Smile hehe
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Mon 17 Sep 2012, 03:42

Tristan315 wrote:Aye nn man take it easy:) Oh so many plans Smile hehe

So what's the plan gentle refresh or big overhaul ?.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 Sun 30 Sep 2012, 20:31

Hola, hmm I wrote a reply ages ago and it doesn't seem to be on here oh well ...
Gentle refresh for now until she's finally paid for (so close) then the fun can begin!!!

Have the head and turbo to go on and have been looking at other modded 944T's to see whats out there...

(this ones quite nice Smile http://www.exoticdriven.com/porsche/698-porsche-944-turbo-530hp-495-lb-ft-tastefully-modded.html

But need to read more and construct a cunning plan... Tried contacting Lindsey racing to ask a few questions about some of the parts on the car but have not had a reply. Will call them at some point though and should send Rick a message through his site just wasn't sure if he would want some stranger potentially pestering him Wink Would be good to chat if hes still interested in "turbot" though!

Pauly a 3.0 ltr you say Wink an S2 or are you modding a 2.5/7?
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Sun 30 Sep 2012, 22:04

Tristan315 wrote:

Pauly a 3.0 ltr you say Wink an S2 or are you modding a 2.5/7?

Hi,
I picked up a 2.7 engine recently, looking for a 3.0 crank next and then it starts getting expensive. My 91 turbo only has 88k on it so there's no rush to pull out that engine. I'll need a bigger turbo so as I said before let me know what you're doing with WUF's old turbo.

Paul.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Mon 15 Oct 2012, 09:49

Meanwhile 4 weeks later zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Thu 13 Dec 2012, 11:46

I reckon Tristan has been recaptured Smile .
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeymagic Thu 13 Dec 2012, 18:27

hes a political prisoner
Monkeymagic
Monkeymagic
Mods
Mods

http://www.highways.gov.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Sat 15 Dec 2012, 00:33

Monster raving loony ?.
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mav666 Sat 15 Dec 2012, 16:08

pauly wrote:Monster raving loony ?.

Ah you know Andy so well Laughing :Lol:
Mav666
Mav666
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Sun 16 Dec 2012, 05:03

I want his spare turbo Smile .
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Sun 10 Feb 2013, 00:15

Is he "The Stig". Some say he................ Smile .
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teknow Sun 10 Feb 2013, 00:30

pauly wrote:Is he "The Stig". Some say he................ Smile .

Changes the head gasket WITHOUT removing the cylinder head?! alien
Teknow
Teknow
Admin
Admin

http://smoothlycarsales.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie Sun 10 Feb 2013, 08:46

Replaces the main bearings through the exhaust pipe?
ozzie
ozzie
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Teknow Sun 10 Feb 2013, 08:48

Removes sheared bolts with his teeth

(Send the Stig to my garage)
Teknow
Teknow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Finally signed up and oh bought a new car :) - Page 3 Empty Yay escaped again... but for how long?!

Post by Tristan315 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 04:15

Hey guys, sorry been a while... again.... Sad

I have finally paid the beast off though so she's officially all mine!! cheers and am now saving towards the shiny bits and how fast can we go fund Very Happy

Have just ordered a short shift gear linkage (the shark one) so fingers crossed that will be here within 10 days. Then aiming to have the up-rated head back on next month ThumbsUp just need a few gaskets and probably a steam venting kit (are we allowed to say vendors on here?) but I'm still looking into that one. The head has been on before but has had gaskets fail in the no 4 corner where "apparently" an air pocket can build due to the design of the engine, there is a venting kit to solve this (drill and thread hole in head, pipe back to the expansion tank) but as I said still reading around the subject. Anyone had similar issues or any thoughts or even has the kit?? Always good to know Smile

Loads more on the list but would like to get this one ticked off first Smile

How you guys been all well I hope Smile !!!!
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 23:38

It's like 28 days later... I've woken up and everyone is missing affraid
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teknow Fri 05 Apr 2013, 02:33

Not wrong! Trying our best to drum up people but they come and go ... must be busy working for a living rather than in the garage!

Keep watching though - just finished preparing the gasket surfaces for my cylinder head - so should be dropping it back on tomorrow Smile
Teknow
Teknow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Fri 03 May 2013, 23:38

Tristan315 wrote:It's like 28 days later... I've woken up and everyone is missing affraid

I'm still here waiting for your spare turbo Cool .
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 Sat 04 May 2013, 04:36

Hehe, hey Pauly hope all's well!

Hmm. what kind of figure were you thinking? I may need all the money I can gather soon as I'm weighing up a 3.0 (or as big as I can go) bottom end cheers I'll most likely keep the current turbo on the car which is a larger LR 75 special. (although the larger conversion I've been reading seem to favor fast spooling smaller turbos)

The other is the K26 Special it says on the rebuild ticket from Turbo Technics (think they mean its a k26-8, as these were stock on turbo S cars). It's still wrapped and was in for wash, polish, rebuild and VSR balance to 0.4g max at 70,000rpm dated 03/08/2010 also has two gaskets!! wow I know hehe Smile

I'm sending an email to a company now to see how much I would be looking at to increase capacity, just speaking with them on the phone then though they seemed to think 2.8 is the largest I can go with the 2.5 head (which I kinda want to keep as its the modified one which is also matched to the intake manifold so kinda a waste to not use!!). Clark's does say that with a bit of modification a 2.5 head will mate to a 3.0 liter bottom end. I may have a 3.0 liter bottom end soon for cheap Question and as the rings will need doing soon... well... why not just move to forged pistons, con rods and 3.0 liter capacity Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Think I'll need to get my head round the Wolf 3D system for that one though and the rest. Still reading and learning so lots of fun!

But as always ££££ will be the deciding factor!!! Next month is MOT month so will be new rotors and pads all round along with belts, rollers and water pump (think it's about time for them) so should get sorted first I guess.... Kinda feel like a kid at samtsirhc just thinking about what a beast she could be though (not that she isn't already Very Happy )

Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pauly Sat 04 May 2013, 05:37

Very Happy I've got a complete 2.7 engine and a S2 3.0 crank, but it's around a grand each for forged pistons, forged rods, an uprated clutch, a bigger exhaust, having the block prepped etc etc. There is a school of thought that say's 400+bhp is available from the 2.5 and that's plenty for a road car. PM me about the turbo Wink
pauly
pauly
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next