werepistonbroke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re: NARP's a 356 A replicar

3 posters

Go down

Re: NARP's  a 356 A replicar Empty Re: NARP's a 356 A replicar

Post by fasttrojan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 09:34

Greetings all:

Just came across this forum and recall having seen the NARP trailer at several autocrosses at El Toro.

So here is a question maybe not related to front engine porsches but I am interested in Porsche philes responses..........I have owned 5 P cars from a 73 CIS Targa to my current 2009 Twin Turbo. My Turbo is a beast and I really dont care to drive it as a daily driver. Several years ago, I saw a 1959 356 A and it reminded me of the fun of driving when my Navy buddy had one back in 72'. Back then they didnt cost quite as much as they do today. As they are out of my price range now, I began to research a replicar and thought this might be fun alternative. Looks like, feels like........so my question to the masses; do Porsche owners accept these replicars as Tribute cars or just junk knockoffs and cant be associated with them? After all, they are fathered by Ferdinand.......... Very Happy

What say you all?

Fast Trojan
2009 997 TT
fasttrojan
fasttrojan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Re: NARP's  a 356 A replicar Empty Re: Re: NARP's a 356 A replicar

Post by Mav666 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:25

We tend not to care whether they're real or just now so long as they are driven hard and enjoyed as cars not museum pieces.

By the way I very much doubt this is the same NARP you saw at El Toro, we are based in the UK and while there is a shopping mall in Birmingham (England) close to were our founding members live, called the Bull Ring, I guessing its never been called El sortija de Torro Laughing

either way welcome, hope you stick around, you'll notice that the forum background is the wsteering wheel from a 356 Wink
Mav666
Mav666
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hersham boy Sun 09 Oct 2011, 02:27

I love the 356 rep's. there were a couple from tghe company that make them at the classic car show at the NEC last year. for around £20,000. If i had the money spare i would snap one up. And any owner would be more than welcome here, No Porsche snobs on this forum. Very Happy
hersham boy
hersham boy
Admin
Admin

https://theoc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fasttrojan Tue 11 Oct 2011, 02:51

Greetings to across the pond! The internet makes for a very small world!

To Mav666, you are right, I havent been out of California in 30 years. The El Toro I was referring to is a retired US Marine Air base where a portion of the airfield was converted to Autocross for various sports cars including the Porsche club of Orange County.

Thank you for the input.

fasttrojan
fasttrojan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum