werepistonbroke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

very excited with my new purchase

+8
spliffy
Lord Chris
RPUK
saturn800
Mav666
tux
hersham boy
spannernut
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

very excited with my new purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: very excited with my new purchase

Post by tux Tue 09 Nov 2010, 07:05

Looking good. Keep it going fella. Cool
tux
tux
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

very excited with my new purchase - Page 2 Empty Re: very excited with my new purchase

Post by Mav666 Tue 09 Nov 2010, 07:55

Excellent stuff ThumbsUp

Gotta love auto boxes for being linkage free!
Mav666
Mav666
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by calisfar Tue 09 Nov 2010, 08:28

My Mechanic has a Super Sprint in similar looking condition straped o the side of his garage as well Laughing
calisfar
calisfar
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by spannernut Tue 23 Nov 2010, 07:53

calisfar wrote:My Mechanic has a Super Sprint in similar looking condition straped o the side of his garage as well Laughing
sold the bike last week incidently its a super sport,was gonna restore it,but would rather do the 924 more of a challenge,if only the rain would stop

spannernut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spannernut Fri 27 May 2011, 07:02

Haven't been on here in a while,what with family life,work and family visiting from the UK and South Africa + the worst winter i can remember,and not forgetting the charity events i'm involved in.
apart from all that moaning and groaning,i am hoping to make a burst at it from this weekend on.
i have most of the running gear on the 944 ready to remove,i intend lifting the body off and slide the whole unit out as one,clean it all up and put it under the 924,i noticed the front cross member is slightly different to the 924 [ apart from it being aluminium,the mounting points are wider ] but i don't think that should present too much of a problem,just a case of making a couple of steel brackets to mount it too.
the biggest issue is going to be the wiring,i am hoping i can remember what went where,i marked a few of them,but fortunately most are plug sockets that can only go in the unit it suits.
i will try to keep you all up to date as much as i can,need to invest in a new camera too.

spannernut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeymagic Fri 27 May 2011, 10:41

Good luck Matey boy!
Monkeymagic
Monkeymagic
Mods
Mods

http://www.highways.gov.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by spannernut Mon 06 Jun 2011, 04:08

i now have the engine and box removed from the 944 ,i am now faced with having to decide which way to go with the front crossmember,as they are different due to the engine being mounted to the 944 crossmember,any suggestions or tips would be welcome ???
heres some pics
very excited with my new purchase - Page 2 012
very excited with my new purchase - Page 2 007-4
very excited with my new purchase - Page 2 011-1
very excited with my new purchase - Page 2 010-2
very excited with my new purchase - Page 2 009-4

now to get it from there into the shed and then under the car,should be fun,but first i want to fit the wiring loom from the 44 into the 24 it looks fairly straight forward [ not ]

spannernut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Willr Mon 06 Jun 2011, 04:42

I think you should put it in the Scimitar! Laughing A porsche 4 pot has got to be better than the old Essex v6...
Willr
Willr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spannernut Mon 06 Jun 2011, 05:18

Willr wrote:I think you should put it in the Scimitar! Laughing A porsche 4 pot has got to be better than the old Essex v6...
now thats something i never thought of,and a brilliant idea.
it might actually be easier to do.

spannernut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeymagic Mon 06 Jun 2011, 09:37

Im still trying to find the steering wheel?? Laughing
Monkeymagic
Monkeymagic
Mods
Mods

http://www.highways.gov.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mav666 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:06

Funny you should say that will, I was just thinking the exact same thing Laughing
Mav666
Mav666
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan315 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:27

Hehe SNAP! looks good though dude keep it going!
Tristan315
Tristan315
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2