werepistonbroke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers

+3
norwichnewbie
hersham boy
Carrera RSR
7 posters

Go down

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Empty My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers

Post by Carrera RSR Sat 03 Apr 2010, 05:26

Having just picked up my car from EMC today I thought I post up some picks of my car sitting on new GAZ Gold coilovers. It was a 30th birthday present to the car!!

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 4484160459_e9d4684f_b

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 4484161231_941caf73_b

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 4484161699_6dc3f489_b

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 4484814260_1d77faa_b

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 4484813794_71791e0_b

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 4484164657__b

Last edited by Carrera RSR on Tue 27 Sep 2011, 04:34; edited 1 time in total
Carrera RSR
Carrera RSR
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Empty Re: My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers

Post by hersham boy Sat 03 Apr 2010, 05:55

Very nice. and thats Weston Super Mare if i'm not mistaken.
hersham boy
hersham boy
Admin
Admin

https://theoc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Empty Re: My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers

Post by Carrera RSR Sat 03 Apr 2010, 06:01

hersham boy wrote:Very nice. and thats Weston Super Mare if i'm not mistaken.

Your not mistaken ThumbsUp
Carrera RSR
Carrera RSR
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by norwichnewbie Sat 03 Apr 2010, 06:20

Very nice!!! Im gonna ask for some coilovers for my 30th birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

norwichnewbie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mav666 Sat 03 Apr 2010, 11:12

Looks stunning, if only we all looked that good at 30 My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Icon_biggrin
Mav666
Mav666
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkwright Sat 03 Apr 2010, 22:55

Sitting nice and low. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Icon_cool I bet that has transfomed the ride and handling. Are the gold the adj platform. And what lb springs did you go for. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 915866

Arkwright
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrera RSR Sat 03 Apr 2010, 23:19

Arkwright wrote:Sitting nice and low. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Icon_cool I bet that has transfomed the ride and handling. Are the gold the adj platform. And what lb springs did you go for. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 915866

I went for the 944 GAZ Gold with rear helper springs to avoid swapping out the torsion bar and gives more choice in spring rates. The front springs are 400lb as EMC suggested it does not need anymore than this.

Ride is very 'race car'!!
Carrera RSR
Carrera RSR
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkwright Sun 04 Apr 2010, 08:43

Carrera RSR wrote:
Arkwright wrote:Sitting nice and low. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Icon_cool I bet that has transfomed the ride and handling. Are the gold the adj platform. And what lb springs did you go for. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 915866

I went for the 944 GAZ Gold with rear helper springs to avoid swapping out the torsion bar and gives more choice in spring rates. The front springs are 400lb as EMC suggested it does not need anymore than this.

400lb I`m not suprised it is very race car. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Icon_cool What lb are the rear helper springs and how firm is the back of the car? Sounds a much better Idea than new torsion bars much easier and cheaper to play about with. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 915866

Arkwright
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrera RSR Sun 04 Apr 2010, 08:51

Arkwright wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:

What lb are the rear helper springs and how firm is the back of the car? ]

No idea the rear lbs. Its very hard at present. I'll leave the settings alone until I get on track first but the road ride is hard. The rear dampers are at click 26 out of 40 so could soften up a little if need be. EMC advised this setup would be as hard as I would ever need. No *poo*!! They do know their stuff though regarding tracked 924,944,968's so I entrusted them with the car to get it right.
Carrera RSR
Carrera RSR
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkwright Sun 04 Apr 2010, 09:04

Carrera RSR wrote:
Arkwright wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:

No idea the rear lbs. Its very hard at present. I'll leave the settings alone until I get on track first but the road ride is hard. The rear dampers are at click 26 out of 40 so could soften up a little if need be. EMC advised this setup would be as hard as I would ever need. No *poo*!! They do know their stuff though regarding tracked 924,944,968's so I entrusted them with the car to get it right.

Do you have EMC`s contact no. I want to buy and set up my 924`s suspension very soon for track use aswell. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 915866 Sounds like they have done a good job on yours. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Icon_smile

Arkwright
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrera RSR Sun 04 Apr 2010, 18:28

Arkwright wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:
Arkwright wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:

Do you have EMC`s contact no. I want to buy and set up my 924`s suspension very soon for track use aswell. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers 915866 Sounds like they have done a good job on yours. My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Icon_smile

http://www.emcmotorsport.co.uk/about-us/
Carrera RSR
Carrera RSR
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkwright Mon 05 Apr 2010, 23:51

My Series 1 Turbo with new GAZ Coilvers Icon_cool and thanks
Ark

Arkwright
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2.0 8v Tue 06 Apr 2010, 09:29

Love the way your car sits, Did they re index the torsion bar or is the rear drop just down to the coilovers? We used GAZ coilovers on our old rally car (not a porsche) and they were spot on. Good choice.
2.0 8v
2.0 8v
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BLOW PW Tue 06 Apr 2010, 16:41

That looks f*ckin' fantastic!!!
BLOW PW
BLOW PW
Forum Member
Forum Member

http://iamtransgendered.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrera RSR Wed 07 Apr 2010, 04:46

2.0 8v wrote:Love the way your car sits, Did they re index the torsion bar or is the rear drop just down to the coilovers? We used GAZ coilovers on our old rally car (not a porsche) and they were spot on. Good choice.

Yep, a hole was cut at just the right height to be hidden behind the sill covers so reindexing the torsion bar is easier without needing to drop the subframe. Its also sitting on helper springs so the torsion bar didn't need swapping out.
Carrera RSR
Carrera RSR
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2.0 8v Wed 07 Apr 2010, 09:47

Carrera RSR wrote:
2.0 8v wrote:Love the way your car sits, Did they re index the torsion bar or is the rear drop just down to the coilovers? We used GAZ coilovers on our old rally car (not a porsche) and they were spot on. Good choice.

Yep, a hole was cut at just the right height to be hidden behind the sill covers so reindexing the torsion bar is easier without needing to drop the subframe. Its also sitting on helper springs so the torsion bar didn't need swapping out.

Thanks for the reply, I've just sent them a message for a quote. Any sump issues?
2.0 8v
2.0 8v
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrera RSR Wed 07 Apr 2010, 16:35

2.0 8v wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I've just sent them a message for a quote. Any sump issues?

Not had it back long enough to notice. I haven't measured my clearance but it looks around 150mm ish at the front. Speed humps need to be given some respect!!
Carrera RSR
Carrera RSR
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down